Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Daddy Could I Have an Elephant?


Have you ever wondered what would happen if you had an elephant for a pet?
How would you feed him?
Where would you keep him?

In Jake Wolf's picture book, a little boy desperately wants a pet. He asks his dad for a variety of different animals (a sheep, a gorilla, a python) and envisions how fun they'd be. He tries his best to talk his dad into it... only to learn how hard each one would be to keep as a pet.

JT decided that he'd like to have a team of apes as pets at our house. They'd come in handy catching all the fly balls that go into our fir trees, but they would also tear down the trees.
Izie really wants a bird, so this book hit home with him. He decided that the bird would be fun, but he'd eat all the tuna.

1 comment:

Z-Kids said...

You've already shared books I don't know about. I'm going to look for these ones I'm not familiar with. These are great drawings too!
I'm not a big fish-fan... I'd love to have a bird who could eat my tuna.
Sometimes I feel like we already have a team of apes at our house :)
Keep up the good work! Z-Dad